CHILDREN’S PREPARATION FOR FIRST EUCHARIST
As Catholics, there is no greater privilege than receiving Jesus Christ, body, blood, soul and divinity, in the form of the Eucharist. It is a joy for the entire Church to share the celebration of First Communion with those who have been fully prepared. Preparation for First Holy Communion begins in the parish.
Before preparing to receive Jesus Christ in the Eucharist, children must first come to know and love Him at an age appropriate level. Therefore, children of parishioners preparing for First Holy Communion are to complete one full year of religious education (at the parish or Catholic School), be actively attending Mass, and be participating in their second consecutive year of religious education (at the parish or Catholic School).
When can my Baptized Catholic child begin preparing for First Holy Communion?
- When they are beginning second grade or older.
- When they have completed one full year of religious education (at the parish or Catholic School), are currently registered and participating in their second consecutive year of religious education (at the parish or Catholic School), and are actively attending Mass.
- When they have completed preparation for the Sacrament of Penance. All the faithful are obliged to approach the Holy Eucharist only if they are reconciled with God and Church. Therefore, Children/Youth must be prepared for the Sacrament of Penance before being prepared for the Sacrament of Holy Communion.
- The family must be registered at Peace of Christ Parish.
- First Parent and Child Informational Meeting for First Holy Communion is Sunday, January 24th 2021, 11am-Noon, @ St. Ambrose Church.
Children prepare for First Holy Communion in the spring by attending workshops at the parish as well as exploring the sacrament at home with their parents. Parents will be given all the necessary resources and support. Age appropriate texts and materials will be provided.
Registration may be done online by visiting https://bit.ly/3iuLpsX. Registration is due by August 24, 2020.
Questions? Contact Melissa Mang, Director of Catechetical Programs and Youth Ministry at (585) 288-5000, ext. 121 or ">.